Spring—a season for new wardrobes, new growth, cleaning and organizing. That’s why I chose to dedicate my first post to the Jewel Frame, it’s a super easy way to spring clean your accessories.
With the Jewel Frame your earrings will be prettily showcased, and organized too. This project is also a great way to make use out of old, unused or damaged pantyhose.
- Picture frame
Thinner and smooth surfaced frames work best. My frame was sized 9” x 11”. I recommend not going any larger because it may make it difficult to stretch the pantyhose over it.
Sheer, thin pantyhose work best. They are easier to stretch.
- Gem stickers
As an alternative you can decorate your fame with sea shells, buttons, whatever. Get creative!
1. Remove the glass and backing from the picture frame.
2. Take one leg of the pantyhose and cut it at mid-thigh (about 10 inches from the top). Make sure the leg you’re cutting doesn’t have any runs or tears in it.
3. Holding the frame with both hands, start from the cut end of the pantyhose and stretch it over the top of the frame.
4. Continue to work the pantyhose down to the end of the frame. If you have difficulty here cut a bit more of the leg off.
5. Once the whole foot of the pantyhose is stretched over the frame, twist the loose end and tie a knot so that it fits snugly.
6. Gently work the knot so that it moves to the back of the frame.
7. Decorate, decorate, decorate.
8. Cut a 12-inch piece of ribbon. Glue each end to the back of the frame and let it dry.
9. Stick the hook of your earrings onto the frame.
Who knew spring cleaning could look so good?
Pingback: DIY Embellished Sweater | Think Outside the Cloth
Pingback: DIY Ring Holder | Think Outside the Cloth